Wednesday, September 8, 2010

to my dear daughter




My daughter just started her junior year of high school. She is so much cooler than I ever was. 

She recently (recently as in yesterday) passed her third party road test and can now legally drive.  On her own.  By herself.  With out help from me.  I'm still not sure how I like that idea, although, I'm pretty sure I know how The Accountant likes that idea (he doesn't).

It will be handy to send her for milk and bread when we're out.  And it will be nice to have her drive herself to and from cross country practice.  But I'll miss our conversations (actually conversations were pretty sparse because on most of our trips the only sound was the clicking of her cell phone as she texted!)and seeing her beautiful face in the seat next to me.

I keep reminding myself that this is a good thing.  A step in the right direction toward adulthood.  A neccessary step.

And it helps my prayer life.

My layout for today's card came from the Mojo Blog:

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is so pretty, I love the colors you chose to use for this card. With your talent you should consider entering the challenges over at Papercraft Star! http://www.papercraftstar.blogspot.com, they provide the challenges in advance and give away great prizes too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails