Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Tale of Three Trees

Ever read the book Tale of Three Trees?? You will have to get your hands on the book and check it out. I think it is actually a children's book and would be great to read to your kids or grandkids, but even if you don't have any youngsters around you, it is worth the time to read it for yourself.

So while my cards today are not about the book, it was the first thing I thought of when I took these pictures of some of the cards we made on Monday at class.....
This card uses Lovely As a Tree (quite possibly the oldest stamp set in the Stampin Up catalog). I was challenged by some of my ladies to make class cards that are more Gender Neutral. As in, a card you could give to your brother or uncle.
But my question is, why would you give your brother or uncle a card? I don't think guys like cards. The guys in my family don't like cards anyway. Maybe there are some out there that do......this card uses Dusty Durango, Soft Suede, and Very Vanilla. The background stamp, Sanded, is used on the card base but is hard to see in the picture.
Card #2 is another tree card from class that uses the Thoughts & Prayers stamp set. This one isn't as Gender Neutral but it does have a tree on it. The colors are Soft Suede, Old Olive, Dusty Durango, and Whisper White.
Third and final card for today also uses a tree stamp from Lovely As a Tree along with Designer Paper from To the Nines. I've paired it with Sahara Sand and Chocolate Chip. We stamped the tree with Chocolate Chip and used a dauber to sponge some Always Artichoke on the leafy areas. This is a Gender Neutral card!




While this card may at first appear quite simple, when we threw in the two circles cut out with the Stampin Up Circle Cutter and using the Crop-a-dile to set the large eyelet, it was more labor intensive than you realize. But not horribly so. I hope.

Tomorrow I'll show you the other two cards we made for class.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails