Saturday, March 14, 2009

No Stamp Saturday

I headed down to my stamping area this afternoon to finally put all the scraps and stamps and punches and inks and everything else away that we played with last Monday at class. What can I say....I've been a little busy this week. If it had been my kids mess I would have been all over them to clean it up immediately!

Anyway, I found that I had one more set of pre-cut papers from this card we made:

I had already put some of the card together (the base, the turquoise was scalloped and the chocolate bow was tied on) but I didn't want to make another Trendy Trees card. Mostly because I was too lazy to get out my Stamp-a-majig to line up the Trendy Trees perfectly.
Meanwhile, I had received a small box of Stampin Up products yesterday that I was eager to play with.
In the order was a sizzlet 4-pack called Big Bold Cupcakes. For those uninformed about what a sizzlet is (not a grilled steak, Mr Accountant!) I will explain a little bit. They are four small flat dies that cut out card stock. The Big Bold sizzlet 4 pack cuts out the cupcake top, the cupcake paper, candles and small circles. Let me tell you--it is a FUN thing to have! I have always like the stamp set Big Bold Birthday and this sizzlet is just like it.
So, using the card scraps from the class card and the partially completed card, I played with the sizzlets to make this birthday card for today. Not stamping at all!
It looked a little plain so I punched out an oval shape in the tempting turquoise cardstock to expose the chocolate chip cardstock underneath. It "anchors" the cupcake. Then, upon further thought, I dusted off my Janome mini sewing machine (discovered the bobbin needed winding) and added some stitching around the edge.
I probably wouldn't have sewed over the ribbon like I did but it was already tied on and I didn't want to redo it.
To make the striped candle I just used the die to cut out a white candle and used a marker to add some stripes.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails