Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Pines

This stamp set-- the trees and the Canadian Geese, is called Pines. Sorry, but it is no longer available from Stampin Up. I don't normally show you cards with such awesome stamps that aren't available to you, but, lest you think I fell off the face of the earth or had retired from my Stampin Up career, I had to show you what I've been working on.
Besides celebrating endless birthdays of my children (who had all four of them with in the same six weeks anyway???), making cake after cake, wrapping presents and more presents, I HAVE been stamping.
Besides working out at the gym every single day and counting calories, I HAVE been stamping.
My friend asked me to donate some cards for her fishing/hunting club auction. She even brought the stamp sets over that she wanted me to use. Some were and some were not assembled but that is ok, I'm not complaining. Do you hear me complaining??
So this was one of the sets she strongly requested I use.
And this is one of the cards that will go in the gift packet of cards I am donating.
Since it is a fishing/hunting club auction, and not a Girls-who-wear-pink-and-love-flowers Auction, it is much harder to make the cards! I'm stretching my creative muscle here. Can you deduct calories for using your creative muscle???
The technique to make the sun set is called Brayering and it is FUN to do. And quick. Although not perfect, this card only took minutes (seriously) to make.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jen, It's a very beautiful card, wish I had that stamp set. Jean

Anonymous said...

This is a great card for all those hunter's we know! I do have this set and I love it. I don't have the brayer though, wonder if sponging with chalk would work- I'll just have to play.
Julia

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails