Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Next birthday thanks

All four of my kids have birthdays in the Late Winter/ Spring. The boys celebrate every two weeks. This means a lot of cake, a lot of family partying, and a lot of thank you notes.

Like I said in yesterday's post, I make my children send thank you notes to friends and family that have given them a birthday present. Some of my kids are more willing than others. Some I have to nag a little bit more to get it done.

Today's two cards are the ones my third child, second son, will be sending. We are ahead of the game this time because his birthday is almost two weeks away. But I had so much fun making the cards yesterday for the 12 year old, I kept on going for the soon-to-be-eight-year-old. He didn't give me restrictions like the older son but I know my boys and NONE of them would want flowers, buttons, or ribbons.

Today's cards use the set Trendy Trees, which I used for THIS card. I played with the leaves and the trunk a little bit more and it wasn't as hard to get the correct placement. Definitely have to use the Stamp-a-majig though. You'll want that on your order when you get this set if you don't already own it.

I ran out of the DP and can't reorder it, since it is retired, but found some different retired DP that looks great on this card too:

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails