Tuesday, February 10, 2009

It's here and my life is complete


Mr Brown (UPS guy....sigh....my deliverer) brought me my big order this afternoon about an hour ago. I'VE BEEN WAITING for today! I ripped open my box, pawed through everything, ooohhed and aaahhed over everything, and had to make a quick decision on what to use first.
That was a hard decision. Almost as hard as naming your firstborn! Remember how you read baby name books for, like, the whole nine months, saying each name out loud with your last name to see if it works? Thinking of possible bad words mean kids at school might rhyme with your child's name to torment her (thanks, Mom, nothing rhymes with Jennifer).
Well, it was almost that hard to decide which stamp set, paper, tool, or ribbon to use. Too many choices. Not enough time. I only had 25 minutes to make a card before leaving to pick my boys up from school.
I decided to use some of the paper that is available FREE with an order for Sale-a-bration. And a stamp set that caught my eye when I flipped through the book for the first time a month ago. And some ribbon that is also FREE with an order for Sale-a-bration. And the new texturz plates. I wanted something Springish because the weather here in Michigan today is record breaking (in a good way--it is 61 degrees!). And I wanted to use this week's Mojo sketch:
I'm not sure about the Texturz plates yet. I didn't have enough time to play with it but the embossing isn't as crisp as I'd like. I think I can add another layer of cardstock so the compression is stronger, making the embossing heavier. I'll let you know. I'll keep playing with it. I am impressed with the size of the plates though. They are bigger than a card front. Size matters when it comes to stuff like that. The cuttlebug folders were just a little bit too small for me. Here is a close up so you can see the embossing from the Texturz plate.

The FREE designer paper is Delicate Dots. The colors are So Saffron, Certainly Celery, and Bashful Blue.

The stamp set was not free but still wonderful. It is Branch Out (page 100 in the 2009 SU catalog). I love that the tree and the green 'leaves' are separate. And so is the little bird stamp. I love to build layers like that for my image, without having to use markers.

3 comments:

Doris said...

your card is really nice - looks like spring! I know you're enjoying a warm spring-like day.
The new SAB dp looks great on the card. I just ordered a pack over the weekend...can't wait!

Anonymous said...

Jen, Beautiful card. we need to make this in class this month. You really brightened up my day. Jean

Anonymous said...

It was a beautiful day wasnt it I just came inside. I love your card that stamp set was the first thing I decided to get when I saw the new catalog also.
Beth

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails