Thursday, November 6, 2008

Guest Designer Today


Today's card is designed and created by my very first Guest Designer--my 14 year old daughter! Her passion is more scrap booking than making cards but she did a wonderful job.

I gave her complete access to all of my stampin supplies and she went right to work.

With out instructing her, she understands the principle of THIRDS. Have you ever heard about THIRDS?

THIRDS refers to not putting anything exactly in the middle of your card. Her zig zag edge layer is lower than half the card, her "let it snow" image is off center and over to the left, even her different colored layers of cardstock are not exactly half way vertically or horizontally.

Basically, you don't want to cut the card in half visually either way. It is much more pleasing to the eye to break it up in thirds.

She colored with an aqua painter and ink pads. She used a Martha Stewart edge punch--for the life of me I can't remember what it is called (they should put names on everything don't you think??) and the stamps are Big On Christmas and Wishing You Cheer.

The most amazing part of her making this card is that when I went down to my stampin area today, I noticed she cleaned up every single scrap and put away all the inks, the punch, the papers and the stamp sets!! Wow! She is better than me....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jen, Wow cute card. Your daughter sure takes after her mother very creative. Jean

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails