Friday, November 7, 2008

Can someone please tell me what day it is??



I have totally lost track of this week. Is it Thursday yet? Maybe it is Friday? Must be Friday. With all my trips into the Big City and the wildly warm weather this week, I'm a little off. (No comments please about me usually being a little off.....)
Ok, so--today's card is for a little boy who is in my youngest's class. The poor little guy needs corrective eye surgery. Sounds pretty traumatic for a five year old. We hope he recovers quickly.
The elephant and little bird are from the set Wild About You. The colors are Kiwi Kiss, Riding Hood Red, and Basic Gray. The striped background paper is from the Paper Studio.
The little Kiwi Kiss oval that Mr. Elephant is standing on is made by punching out an oval from a scrap piece of card stock like this:

Then, use the cardstock as a stencil to sponge ink in a oval shape under the elephant's feet. I probably should have masked the elephant's legs first because when I sponged the green oval, I turned his toe nails green. (I'm hoping a five year recovering from corrective eye surgery won't care that the toe nails are green.)

The last step was getting out my paper piercer--one of my favoritest tools--and adding some holey interest.

Have a great weekend! Enjoy your day.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails