Friday, October 31, 2008

I'm either way too late or a little bit early for this one...



This really wasn't supposed to be a Valentine's Day card. I wanted to use the dotted Real Red paper that came in the hostess level one paper pack from Stampin Up. And then the paper led to the ribbon and then the heart and then.....voila'! Happy Valentine's Day on Halloween! Sounds like it is April Fools Day around here, huh??
Anywho, this card is made from Beate's Weekend Sketch:The heart image is done using the faux metal technique where you heat emboss many layers of embossing powder and then you press your stamp into the warm layers, leaving an image in it. It is quite stunning when you use silver or gold embossing powder and it really does look like a metal embellishment.
For this, though, I used many layers of red embossing powder so I'm not sure you can still qualify it as 'faux metal'. Here is a close-up of the heart:
Even though this wasn't quite in the same festive mood as every other stampers' blogs showcasing Halloween cards, I still wanted to show you what I was doing today. I'll just tuck this into the bottom of my pile of cards and hopefully remember it is there around the middle of February.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So very cute!! Love that heart and swiss dots BG!! :) TFS!

Beate said...

Beautiful card! I would say you are already done prepping for Christmas and moved on to the next holiday!
Thanks for playing! Hugs and smiles

Catherine said...

very pretty, and way to start on your VC :)

Kathryn said...

Simple and SWEET - LOVE it so much! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails