Thursday, October 30, 2008

Autumn Thanks


Although Autumn isn't my favorite season (my favorite would be my Birthday Season), I enjoy this time of year. I actually like the early darkness and chilly weather. I like that we wind down earlier in the evening and the kids go to bed easier. I like wearing sweaters and jeans. I also love the Fall colors--Mustards and Olives and Rust.

Today's card is full of Fall colors. And yes, I actually sewed too.

Have I mentioned that the first card I ever sewed was for Christmas last year? And that I forgot to open the card first, thus sewing the card completely shut. If I already told you this, please forgive me. I think about it every time I get my machine out. I guess the best way to learn a lesson is to actually mess up first in order to make note of the mistake. At least for me anyway. I'll not sew a card shut again ever.

Today is a fun day for me. I am going to my boys' school to make cotton candy for their Harvest Festival. I've never made cotton candy. I don't even like cotton candy so that is a good spot for me. If they put me in charge of the fudge booth or the carmel corn booth, I'd be in trouble!

ingredients for card:
paper~More Mustard, Really Rust, Old Olive, Very Vanilla, More Mustard DP
inks~Really Rust, Old Olive
stamps~Autumn Harvest
accessories~crop a dile, jumbo eyelet, old olive grosgrain ribbon, circle and scallop circle nestabilities, Big Shot, Janome Mini, paper piercer

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails