Friday, September 5, 2008

one sketch two versions






These cards are inspired from Beate's weekend sketch challenge (shown below). I think I like the top one best. It is amazing how different the Pacific Point (bright blue color) changes the look, as in the bottom card!
The stars in the second card are cut with the sizzix stars#2 die cut that is soon available through Stampin Up. I have not received the Big Shot machine yet (where are you UPS guy??) but ran the die cut through my CuttleBug. Although I'm super excited about getting the Big Shot, I was impressed how smoothly the sizzix cuts the cardstock just in the CB. I can't wait to try more with the Big Shot.
Here is the sketch:

ingredients for the top card~
papers: Kiwi Kiss, Baja Breeze, Very Vanilla, Muirfield DP
ink: Baja Breeze
accessories: Baja Breeze ribbon, scallop square punch, CuttleBug embossing folder, scallop edge punch
ingredients for bottom card~
papers: Kiwi Kiss, Baja Breeze, Very Vanilla, Muirfield DP, Pacific Point
ink: Baja Breeze
accessories: Baja Breeze ribbon, scallop square punch, CuttleBug embossing folder, scallop edge punch, sizzix stars#2

5 comments:

Beate said...

Love both cards, Jen! I think my favorite is #2. Love the added stars and the Pacific point to make it pop.

Hugs and smiles

Anonymous said...

Jen, I like both cards but think I like the second best, like the stars. jean

Renee said...

Not that you've asked us to vote, but I like #2 also! The stars are so unexpected!

Lauree said...

wow, love this card. great job and great color scheme.

Lauree said...

oh and i really love what the stars do for the card!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails