Monday, August 18, 2008

sneak peak and a big question answered

This is one of the cards we will be making at tonight's class. The reason this card is on the table is to show how to do the Faux Metal embellishment (for my brother and other un-informed people reading this--it is the little silver heart on the front). This is a new technique for me and I had so much fun playing with it!

The Stampin Up demonstrator website is full of ideas and projects, including video tutorials, and that is where I first saw this technique.

It is pretty simple and looks very much like a metal piece in real life. After heating three layers of embossing powder (ok brother, if you want to know more about that, you'll have to call me because I don't have the time to explain what embossing powder is or how you heat it. Maybe you should come to one of my classes sometime??.....), press your stamp into the still warm last layer. When you lift the stamp, your image is deeply ingrained.

The ingredients for this card are:
paper: pink pirouette, bella rose DP, whisper white
ink: riding hood red
stamps: curvy label punch bundle, priceless, heard from the heart
other: brads, silver EP, heat tool, flower fusion too, rhinestone brad from the pretties kit

And the Big Question that has been answered for me?? How in the world do you pronounce Pink Pirouette?!? What is a pirouette anyway? Show of hands, did anyone besides me ask that? Or did you all take beginning ballet and already know that a pirouette is a spin? And I was pronouncing it so it rhymed with coyote instead of the correct way....peer-ooh-wet. I guess I learn something new every day, huh?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer, your card is gorgeous! Welcome to the blogging world!
Hugs and smiles

Anonymous said...

Jennifer, your card is gorgeous! Welcome to the blogging world!
Hugs and smiles

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails