Friday, July 22, 2011

Layered Scallops


When I first received the new Stampin Up 2011-2012 Idea Book, I was a little dismayed to see most of the 5/8" grosgrain ribbon had retired. 

hmmm......how can I make a card with out 5/8" grosgrain ribbon?

I flipped through the catalog a few more minutes and realized layers of paper replaced ribbon on most of the sample cards.  Interesting idea.  And actually, as beautiful as 5/8" grosgrain ribbon is, those knots required extra postage when I mailed out my cards!

The layers of paper were usually in the form of multiple scallop edges like in my card today.  See how I used the Scallop Border Trim punch on the Indigo Island paper, two pieces actually, and layered them to peek out beneath the Very Vanilla cardstock? Simple but resulting in a nice textured finish.  And no extra postage for those layers!

Of course, I couldn't help but add a mini clear button so I ended up having to spend an extra 20 cents at the post office anyway, but buttons are always worth the extra postage.  Kind of like icing on the cake is always worth the extra calories!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails