While I haven't been posting very often, that doesn't mean I haven't been busy crafting.
I had my class last Monday and prepared 4 amazing cards for each of the 20 stampers.
I have joined a few sewing classes and made some more purses.
I also have been busy with 4H projects and making crafts for my new job.
Speaking of my new job, which I absolutely love, I am still considered a 'newby' and am constantly learning the do's and don'ts of working in a library.
And some of those life lessons I have learned since I became a librarian (although technically, my name badge says Library Staff not librarian) include:
- 2 & 3 year olds have a very very very short attention span and LapTime story programs have to be exciting to keep their attention
- Too much excitement at LapTime story programs cause the reader of the books (namely ME) to rapidly lose control of the whole group
- 2 & 3 year olds often have a pack mentality and gang up on the reader
- never never ask for a single volunteer to hold a monkey puppet while singing 5 Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed -- a child not picked to be that single volunteer will quickly start crying and cause the other non-selected children to realize the trajedy and also start crying which results in the whole pack of 2 & 3 year olds to gang up on the reader
- librarians have a wicked sense of humor and laugh often at the newby staff member who is still learning these life lessons.
The Monkey face stick was used last week for our Monkey theme (books like What Time Is It Mr Crocodile, and Five Little Monkeys Up In A Tree, and If You're Happy and You Know It). The bear face is for this week coming up (the Bear theme includes books like Brown Bear Brown Bear, Is It A Bear?, and The Bear Went Up The Mountain).
To make these faces, I pulled out all sorts of circle and oval punches. And all shades of brown cardstock. And I used my Big Shot. A lot.
In two weeks, our theme is Duck. Time to get out the Daffodil Delight and the Whisper White cardstock. And brush up on my reading to preschoolers skills.