Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Just under the wire

My seven year old son told me on Monday that he had been invited to a birthday party for a classmate.  The party is today--Wednesday. 

I asked him to please bring home the invitation so I could see the details (and also to verify that there really was a party and that it was actually parent sanctioned.  These first graders plan get togethers all the time with out the parents' knowledge.  What a surprise to pick up four extra kids from school some days!)

And of course, he forgot to bring home the invitation yesterday so I made a special trip to the school to get the invitation.  He was correct, the party is today and the invitation is in the mom's handwriting so she must know about it.  I raced home to find a present (I keep a stash of fun stuff for times like this) and to make a card.

This one went together pretty quickly using the new butterfly sizzlet and the Bold Cupcake dies.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cute card! Love the layered cupcake!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails