Tuesday, April 21, 2009

We'll Go in Order

I'll pretend to be somewhat organized and show you the cards from class in order. The class theme (I wonder if my peeps realize I usually do have a theme every month?) was 'cards that celebrate the stages in a child's life' so we'll start with the Baby card.




Please don't throw darts at me for using Sale-a-bration products again. I have quite a few of those ribbon bundles and packs of 12x12 papers we could get in February. These ribbons tie up very nicely and the papers are gorgeous. I may just use them for June's class too so just hush your complaining.


If you are an avid reader of the Stampin Up catalog, meaning you pore over the catalog many many times like I do, you may recognize the layout for this card when you look up the stamp set Just B (page 140). This is one of my favorite stamp sets and I liked how Stampin Up used it in the catalog so I shamelessly copied their idea somewhat.

The next card was completely copied from the Stampin Up catalog. This is a child's birthday card and the inside says Hoppy Birthday.




See how easy it is to be a Stampin Up demo? All you have to do is buy a few supplies, have a Stampin Up catalog on hand and you have literally hundreds of ideas on how to use our stuff. Just check out my third card and you'll see what I mean:


The lion for this Get Well card is from the set Wild About You. If you look at the card sample for this set, you'll see that it very closely resembles mine. Darn those Stampin Up people for copying me! ha ha just kidding. I liked parts of their card but didn't have all the exact colors. And I didn't like how they used a staple to hang the lion (page 73 if you're curious) so I changed it up a tad.

If you don't have the colors you need to copy a card, a neat tool to posses is the Stampin Up color wheel. That's what I used to make this card--otherwise, I don't know if I would have paired up the Garden Green and the Certainly Celery with the Bravo Burgundy. Best $9.95 you'll ever spend if you use a lot of Stampin Up colors.

I'll show you the last two cards tomorrow. One of the cards was my favorite although I heard lots of complaining about it while stampers worked on it. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE.

Have a good Tuesday!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails