Saturday, December 20, 2008

Merry Christmas from Little House on the Prairie

Doesn't this card look quite old fashioned? I think it is the DP (last of my Holiday Treasure Designer Paper) and the pine tree (Lovely As a Tree set) that gives it the vintage look.

As I was making it, I was thinking of the Little House on the Prairie books and the Ingalls' love of calico fabric. Well, not Pa's. But Laura's.

The layout is from Taylor's website, one of her sketch challenges from the beginning of December.

The main white oval that I stamped the pine tree on, was cut out from my oval nestabilities. I didn't have the next biggest size for the chocolate chip layer underneath it. So, I glued the white on top of some chocolate chip, took a deep breath, and FREE HAND cut around it. I tried to stay about a quarter of an inch from the edge of the white. You can definitely tell it is free hand but maybe it lends itself to that vintage look?

I remember 'trimming' my daughter's hair about 10 years ago. It was supposed to be a quick trim. By when I stepped back, the right side was quite a bit longer than the left. I picked the scissors back up and re trimmed the right, only this time, it ended up quite a bit shorter than the left! By the end of the hair cut, about 5 inches of her hair was gone. Same story with the paper ovals.

colors: old olive, chocolate chip, whisper white

stamps: lovely as a tree

accessories: old olive grosgrain ribbon, oval nestabilities, pewter brads, photo corner punch

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails