Friday, October 3, 2008

Using my very first stamp set

This is the stamp set that I purchased 8 years ago at the first Stampin Up workshop I ever attended. I knew nothing about stamping but had so much fun at that workshop that I was hooked!
But, I did everything wrong. I bought a set that could really only be used once a year. And how often do you hear of people sending Thanksgiving cards anyway?? And the set is highly detailed and really needs to be colored. I had no Stampin Up markers, water color pencils or even regular old crayola crayons for heaven's sake! Plus, when I ordered, I didn't even know to buy an ink pad. I remember being so excited the night I placed the order--a pack of Very Vanilla, a pack of Really Rust, and a pack of More Mustard and this stamp set.


Then, about a week later, my products arrived and I had NO IDEA what to do with them. I had no idea how to mount the stamps or cut the paper. I had no ink and no adhesive. But an addiction......er I mean hobby...was sparked and I haven't quit.
I'll never part with this set. As I posted yesterday, even if it is worth hundreds on eBay, I'll never sell it. Few things are precious anymore in this world. Some of you may not call a stamp set precious but I guess we all have our priorities. Collecting signed baseballs and deer horns and rare coins is weird but saving stamp sets is beautiful.
Today's card is using the splitcoast sketch challenge for
this week.
I used Really Rust, Chocolate Chip, Autumn Vine DP available in the new Holiday Mini, black ink, watercolor pencils, a paper piercer, and the photo corner punch.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jen, What a cute card, I would keep that stamp set also. Really cute and precious. Jean

Anonymous said...

Jen, I agree I wouldn't get rid of the set either. It has memories behind it. Very cute card and I do send Thanksgiving cards. It's just one more way to stay in touch with people. Jennifer

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails