Thursday, October 23, 2008

My new resolution

I am trying something extremely RADICAL in the stampin world. I don't know if I've ever heard of anyone else doing this but I'm going to attempt it.
I'M GOING TO ACTUALLY USE EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THE STAMPS ON MY SHELF BEFORE I ORDER NEW ONES!!! Sorry for the all caps, which means yelling in computerland, but I'm nervous about making such a statement. And everyone knows, if you yell a statement, people listen more and you mean it, right?
So I counted 57 stamp sets that I own (just in the current Stampin Up catalog, I didn't even open my cabinet that houses my retired-never-gonna-get-rid-of stampin up sets) and am a little ashamed that some of them that I desperately wanted haven't been mounted or inked yet. Will someone pick The Accountant off the floor now, please? Maybe you should call 911 for him.
Maybe 57 isn't a whole lot (right Tionya??) to some of you. But it is to me. And, in these days of economic hardship in America, I'm going to ease my conscience and limit my buying till I've actually used and enjoyed the stamps I already have.
So, this is Day #1 of my new resolution. I used Ginormous Flowers, paper scraps from my Summer Home Scrappin Kit from my scrapbook class that I still have left overs from, and a verse stamp from the Full of Life set.
This card is also for the Ways To Use It challenge--we were to put only one word on the front of the card and the rest of the verse on the inside-- and the sketch is from iheart2stamp.
Here is the sketch:
Here is the rest of the verse on the inside of the card:

This is gonna be hard for me because I tend to covet alot. I read someone's blog that has the cutest card or stamp set and I want to make it mine. I will need your encouragement and support for the next few weeks. And don't be surprised if you see some cards that don't seem to match the current holiday (I have a few Valentine's sets that will have to be used in order for me to fulfill my resolution). Just stay with me....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

NOW REALLY JEN, IS THIS SOMETHING YOU WANT TO COMMIT TO? IS THERE SOMETHING WRONG WITH OWNING MORE STAMPS THAN YOU COULD EVER USE? WE WILL SOME DAY, RIGHT? WE KEEP THEM BECAUSE WE'RE KIND AND A FRIEND IN NEED MAY NEED ONE OF THOSE SETS THAT WE HAVE! NOW I WON'T TELL YOU MY TOTAL AMOUNT I HAVE BUT JUST REMEMBER WE'VE BEEN DOING THIS FOR YEARS (ALMOST 12 NOW FOR ME) AND HOW MANY BULLETS AND WHATEVER OTHER ACCESSORIES MEN (ARIC) NEED FOR THEIR HUNTING AND "GUY" DAYS. THEIRS IS JUST AS ADDICTIVE AS OURS. REMEMBER THAT GIVE A PIG A PANCAKE REFERENCE YOU MADE IN THE BEGINNING? SAME GOES FOR MEN. FIRST THEY NEED A GUN, THEN A NEW HUNTING OUTFIT TO STAY WARM, THEN A SPORTY KNIFE TO GUT IT WITH....AND IT GOES ON. THIS IS JUST ONE HOBBY. THEN THERE IS GOLF, BOWLING, THREE WHEELERS.....I THINK YOU GET THE PICTURE!! SORRY ARIC BUT I HAVE TO JUSTIFY!!
SO IF YOU DECIDE TO STICK TO YOUR RESOLUTION, I'LL SEND YOU SOME VALENTINE IMAGES I BUY WHEN THE NEW CATALOG COMES OUT! LOL

A lil' bit about me said...

Thanks, Tionya. We girls need to stick together. And I'm hoping to be done with my resolution waaay before Valentines!
Don't be surprised if I start using four sets on one card....mwa hahaha

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails