Friday, October 10, 2008

back to the present

Ok, Ok. No more Christmas cards till at least November. I promise. We have too many other occasions to celebrate.

I don't normally do a whole lot with Halloween. But these little spiders I found at the Splitcoast site were WAY TOO ADORABLE to pass up.

Using a scallop circle punch and the photo corner punch and a couple of googlie eyes you've got a great project. You could use these spiders to hang from windows or door frames, give out as treats, decorate a wreath, or slide inside your kiddos lunch box.

The original spiders had a York Peppermint between a body made of two scallop circles. I had no mints. I should have mints though. I bought a five pound bag of them at Sam's just a little while ago. I really don't know how I could have eaten them all. I pretty sure I didn't. In fact, I'm thinking my kids helped. And all this time I thought they had been actually brushing their teeth when I sent them upstairs to get ready for bed. I thought their fresh minty breath was a result of Colgate, not Yorks!

The spiders are hanging from the silver stretchy cords so they wiggle and flip flop on the card as you are holding it. Here is a picture of me holding the card upside down so you can see how freely they are attached.

Love it! Love it!

ingredients for this card~

paper: tempting turquoise, green galore, only orange, basic black

stamps: alphabet stamp set

accessories: circle scallop punch, photo corners punch, googlie eyes, traffic jam embossing folder run through the BIG SHOT, silver cord, black grosgrain, glue dots

1 comment:

Unknown said...

TOO CUTE!!
DAN SAYS THANKS, NOW I HAVE A REASON TO BUY ANOTHER PUNCH!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails