Friday, September 26, 2008

Using a scrappin' kit for more than scrappin'

Yay! It is Friday! Fridays used to mean a couple of days off from school or when I worked at a bank (pre-kids) it meant a couple of days off from the same ole' same ole'. Now, my work rarely changes from day to day even on the weekend--dishes still need to be done, laundry folded, kids reprimanded, meals planned.....but there is still some of that same excitement about knowing the weekend is here.

Yesterday, my monthly club orders arrived. I absolutely LOVE sorting the orders to see what everyone got. I am NOT nosey. I just want to know so that I can use products in class that they have already so that they can learn to use it more. Anyway, to thank my customers for being so loyal, I made each a little 4x4 thank you card as seen below.

I didn't write in the cards, I wanted my ladies to be able to use the cards for themselves. Why am I showing you this?? Because I want to show you that all these 4x4 cards are made from left over materials from a Stampin Up Simply Scrappin Kit. The Scrappin Kit is called Summer Home and I used it for my October Scrapbook class (10/20/08). I was able to make a complete 20 page 6x6 scrapbook. Here are some examples of the pages we will do in class. After the 20 pages, there were so many materials left that I was able to make the 8 thank yous, today's card at the top of this post and still have lots left over! Here is a picture of what is STILL left: I think I'll be using the scraps to mat my pictures once class is over and I can actually put photos in the album. I am so impressed by the quality and quantity of the Simply Scrappin' Kit and I know you will be too. If you would like to participate in October's Scrapbook Class but live too far away, you are still able to join in the fun. I can get the materials to you and send you pix of the layouts. Just let me know.

Today's card (top photo) is made not only from scraps from the kit but also the stamp set, Ginormous Flowers. This stamp set co-ordinates with the Summer Home Kit. I also used some dimensionals to pop up the three flowers on the side and the center of the big stamped flower. I used Baja Breeze ink and my aqua painter to color the blue central flower and a Ruby Red marker to color in the dots. This was all done on the stamp, then I 'huffed' it and pressed it on to Whisper White paper. The scallop edge is, of course, using the best tool in the whole Stampin Up Catalog, the scallop edge punch. By the way, did you get yours yet??

On a side note, I usually write posts thinking that the majority of my readers know the basics of stamping. But recently, it has been brought to my attention that I use words/slang/stampin vocab that not everyone may know. Either you are from another country, a new stamper, or a relative who only reads because you love me and you don't really have an interest in stamping. So, to help you out, I'll be creating a vocab helper on the sidebar of this blog. If something is not listed and you really don't have a clue what I'm referring to, please tell me so that I can add it to the list.

Have a great weekend!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails