Friday, July 23, 2010

lollipops card


This is one of the cards we made in class, last Monday. We used the circle tree in the SU stamp set Trendy Trees, to make the lollipops for this card.  We heat embossed them with white craft ink and white embossing powder. I saw a card in the new Stampin Up catalog that also used the Trendy Trees set this way.  I love how it turned out!

We broke off matches to make the sticks for the lollipops--yes, we were playing with matches and it was ok--as long as we held the heat gun AWAY from the broken match heads laying on the table.  Mini Glue Dots work best to hold the matches to the paper.

Colors of the lollipops are Pear Pizzazz, Peach Parfait, and Poppy Parade, which are the new In Colors this year in Stampin Up.

Next week, I'm venturing off to New York City (yes, you heard me correctly!!!!).  I'm super excited.  I've scheduled my posts to appear automatically so you'll be seeing the rest of the cards we made at class while I'm gone.  I wanted to show you the cards this week but didn't have internet for three whole days.  But it all works out, right? Because I'm sure I won't have much to share while I'm gone --stampin related anyway....

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails