Friday, June 4, 2010

melted satin flowers


I still haven't cleared all the fabric off my work table in order to get back to the hobby of cardmaking, so I thought I'd show you these cute (aka easy and cheap) flowers you can make with your Big Shot.

I bought a quarter yard of some poly-satin material at the fabric store pretty inexpensively--I think it was $2.99/yard.

Because the Big Shot can cut up to EIGHT layers of fabric at once, I folded my material up before I ran it through:


I used the Big Shot die called Circles #2.  It cuts out 4 varying size circles:

It comes out like this:



And you end up with this:


Next, layer your circles. Use your paper piercer to poke a hole through the center of each flower and push a brad through it.   I used two of each size circle but you can layer as many as you'd like:



Use your heat tool, a bone folder to hold your flower down (Do NOT use your fingers because the heat tool is very hot!).  With in seconds, you'll see the material start to melt and curl.  It is really quite fun, but then, I was always kind of a fire bug when I was younger:



I glued three flowers on to a hair clip.  I also made pins and book markers with very large paper clips:


The flowers are beautiful and so much fun to make!  I priced the pre made flowers at a craft store yesterday and the majority of them looked just like this and cost $3-$5! Each!


Imagine all the things you could decorate with these flowers--scarves, hats, notebooks, pillows, flip flops, magnets, anything!

The circles #2 die makes wonderful lollipop flowers also that are a-dor-a-ble:



I used fabric like felt and hand dyed wool to make these. 

The circles #2 die is available through me if you'd like your own.  I can make sure you have a Big Shot too.  And you'll also need a heat tool.  Just email me!

1 comment:

Christel said...

Amazing! Thanks for the instructions.

-Christel

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails