Saturday, May 29, 2010

sweet little addition to The Bag



I am now referring to my new tote as 'The Bag'.  My kids know not to touch it or use it.  The Accountant remembers to say nice things about it on a daily basis.  And it is wrapped in tissue and placed in a locked box over night for safety.  Ha ha. I kid.  Sorta.

If you read yesterday's post you already know how proud I am of myself for making The Bag.  From scratch. With my sewing machine.  And no hot glue gun. 6 hours.

I am on such a roll that I kept my machine out and used some scraps and the Flower Folds Die, Scallop circles #2 Die, and Big Shot to make a quilted flower to attache to The Bag. 

The quilted flowers are layered with a couple pieces of fabric and some really nice and soft 100% cotton batting from a quilt shop here in town.  I cut both layers and the batting at the same time and then stitched (don't look too close) with my mini Janome.

1 comment:

Marie said...

I am soooooooo impressed! This is beautiful.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails