Friday, August 21, 2009

My First Shaker Card


This is my very first shaker card! What makes it a shaker, you ask? (I'm guessing my mom and sister are wondering and sitting on the edge of their computer chairs breathless to hear the answer.) A shaker is a card that has a window filled with beads that move freely around when you shake it.

In my card, the circle punched out is layered with a window sheet (transparency), filled with orange beads, and backed by the white cardstock with the orange stamped on it.

When you shake the card, the beads move around in front of the orange. It is a fun interactive way to make a card.

In case my explanation of a shaker card was as clear as mud, HERE is a link with a tutorial.

supplies:
orange bead duos from Stampin Up
Tangerine Tango (retired this summer)
white satin ribbon
dimensionals from Stampin Up

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails