Saturday, July 18, 2009

taking a break


I've been working on class projects for the past week. We are using all of the new In Colors papers and inks and Designer Papers. I'll post the cards next week (after class on Monday) so you can be jealous and wish you had come to class.......muwahhh (evil laugh).

While playing with card ideas for class, I also made today's card. If you look closely, you'll see I punched out the Five Petal flower (stampin up punch) in card stock and also in plastic (layered in front of the card stock flower). The plastic is just like the Window Sheets that Stampin Up now carries. They are great for pocket cards and shaker cards and with our punches to add a little extra embellishment to your work.
Having not ordered the Stampin Up version of the Window Sheet but seriously wishing I had, I was excited this past week to find another source for the plastic Window Sheet. The Holy Bible! Yep, God's Word. Or rather, the box that contained my son's new Bible for school (private school obviously) had a viewing window cut out of the front so you could see the color of the cover. Here is a picture of the box so you know what I mean:
After giving him the Bible, I removed the Window Sheet and was even more excited to see that it was the full length of the box so I now have a big piece to hold me over till I can get my hands on the Stampin Up sheets.
If you haven't been able to order the Stampin Up sheets, consider buying a Bible. Not only is it a Good Book to read, you might find a surprise inside too!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails