Tuesday, March 31, 2009

sew what?


My home ec teacher took pity on me in 6th grade and gave me an A because I was faithfully and quietly sitting in my seat everyday. She didn't grade me on my ability (or rather, lack of) to sew a straight line.

And if you look really closely at this card, you'll see lots of sewing and none of it is straight.

Thank goodness the rustic look is still in. I can claim that I meant to sew it like that.

I used my machine this weekend to make some curtains for my living room. And since I'm even worse at putting my stuff away than I am at sewing straight lines, my machine was still at my craft table and I thought I'd give it a whirl on today's card.

The heart is actually a piece of chipboard covered with Designer Paper. Chipboard is easily covered with paper and gives an image a nice little pop off of the paper.

The colors are for today's splitcoast color challenge--Pink Pirouette, Riding Hood Red, and Chocolate Chip. Yummy.
FYI: The curtains don't look so bad, in my opinion. Much better than the set I made 10 years ago with my hot glue gun--at least these are washable!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails