Friday, December 12, 2008

Magnetic Board

This project sure took me out of my card making box! But it was so much fun!

I used a 10x13 frame from WalMart, cut some sheets of galvanized steel I purchased at the local hardware store (have to use steel of course so that it is magnetic) to fit in front of the glass, and made some gifts that I can't wait to give this Christmas.

I drilled holes with The Accountant's drill and added some knobs on the side. The knobs had extra long screws and stuck out the back of the frame so I used my saw to cut them flat.

I tied moss gingham ribbon between the two knobs so that I can hang pictures, notes for school or 'to-do' lists from miniature clothes pins or library clips (which are available from Stampin Up also) on the ribbon.


I decorated the steel with pieces of the Scrappin' Kit, Winter Retreat. I even made the magnets from the stickers (punching 3/4 inch circles out with my punch).


Here are some pictures of the work in progress: if you would like to make some magnetic boards too, and have questions, just email me and I'll give you some tips.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

GORGEOUS!!
I'M SO IMPRESSED THAT YOU ARE A POWER TOOL WOMAN AS WELL!! YOU ARE A "JEN OF ALL TRADES!!"

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails